Homeowners Insurance policies are designed to cover damage to the exterior of your home due to covered disasters such as hurricanes, fire, lightning and vandalism. Note that you’ll need to add special coverage for flood insurance, even if it resulted from a storm. You may also need to add coverage for other freestanding buildings like garages on the property. Your homeowners insurance policy will also generally cover damages to the interior of your property, loss or theft of possessions, and personal liability if someone is harmed on your property. There are so many ways to customize a homeowner’s insurance policy to meet your needs and our experienced team is here to help.


Auto insurance and boat insurance cover damage to the vehicle, other property and a limited amount of bodily injury resulting from an accident. Florida is a no-fault insurance state, which means that damages to your vehicle will be covered by your insurance policy, although your insurance company may attempt to claim reimbursement from the other driver’s insurance policy in the event you were not at fault. It’s also a good idea to add collision insurance to cover damage in the event the accident was your fault. Comprehensive insurance covers damage to a vehicle other than from a collision, such as vandalism or a tree landing on your car. Your auto insurance policy also covers you if you’re hurt while riding your bicycle.


Umbrella insurance is a type of personal liability insurance that covers claims in excess of your other policy limits. Examples of where an umbrella policy would be useful would be coverage in the event your dog bites someone, you child hurts someone at school, someone is arrested for a DUI leaving your party and sues, or you cause more damage in a car accident than is covered by your policy. It typically covers you and your family members and is a cost effective type of insurance.


Personal Liability Insurance is the part of a homeowners insurance policy, renters insurance policy or umbrella insurance policy that protects the policyholder and their family against claims resulting from injuries other people sustain on your property. Examples might include the letter carrier slipping on your sidewalk or you are responsible for a multi-car pileup on the highway.


Life Insurance provides compensation to loved when when the insured dies. Named beneficiaries will receive the policy’s face value. A term life insurance policy expires after a certain number of years and is ideal to make sure that your kids college will be paid for in the event anything happens to you before they graduate, for instance. A permanent life insurance policy remains active until the insured dies, as long as they continue paying the premiums. Everyone should at least carry enough life insurance to cover their funeral and other end-of-life expenses, but parents with minor children or special-needs adult children, adults who own property together, students whose parents co-signed debt and elderly parents who want to leave money to adult children for their care should all consider additional coverage.


Just because you don’t own a home, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have insurance. Renter’s Insurance covers your personal property as well as injuries on your property that aren’t caused by structural damage. Renters Insurance policies are an inexpensive way to protect your valuables, as well as your finances should someone sue for damages if they are injured in your home.


Even if you have a homeowner’s insurance policy, you may not be covered for flood damages unless you purchase specific flood coverage. Many of these policies contain a water exclusion clause that denies coverage for damage caused by flood, drain, sewage backups and more. A flood insurance rider, or special coverage, may be added to your policy. If you have a mortgage, your lender may require you to carry flood insurance.